NightFood Hldg Inc (OTCMKTS:NGTF) has been breaking out in recent days as the company releases a number of new and potent growth catalysts. But the core of this story is about a healthy ice cream brand tailored for nighttime snackers. So, the real story for investors should be about understanding how viable that narrative is… deep down. With that in mind, we wanted to present a set of resources for evaluating exactly that dynamic.
As we see it, this comes down to two main questions: 1. How easy is it to find? 2. Do people seem to like it?
If the answers to these questions are, respectively, “Very” and “Oh Boy, Yes!”, then, presumably, it’s somewhere in the process of claiming major traction in the marketplace. And, if that’s the case, then we may just have a billion dollar brand in the making.
How easy is it to find Nightfood Ice Cream?
We did a little digging. And here’s what we found: It depends on where you live. But the big answer is “Yes, and getting easier and easier every day”. So, this is a good answer.
It turns out that Nightfood ice cream is already in hundreds of major supermarkets, and that footprint is expanding fast. It can also be found in select hotel freezers, including select Residence Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Staybridge Suites, and more.
The company has also partnered with goPuff for super-fast local delivery in markets all across the country.
Nightfood ice cream can be bought in multiple Top-10 supermarket chains in the United States, with concentrations in the Carolinas, the Mid-Atlantic, the upper Midwest, and across New England.
OTCMKTS: NGTF now has an agreement with News America Marketing that provides comprehensive in-store marketing media options in over 60,000 stores in the US and Canada. They execute in-store promotions in many American supermarket chains including Ahold (Stop & Shop, Giant, Food Lion), Albertsons (Safeway, Shaw’s, Jewel-Osco), Kroger (Harris Teeter, Ralph’s, Fred Meyer), Lowes Foods, Publix, H.E.B., Wakefern (ShopRite), and Hy-Vee.
People Just Love It!
We break this question down into consumer reviews and buzz in the media. This should give a sense of the odds that this product becomes a consumer phenomenon capable of dramatic growth. Once again, the answer we have is very promising for the stock.
Take a look at the real customer reviews we found online:
- “Was expecting it to taste like a health food product. Pleased that it tastes like actual ice cream! Not heavy, great flavors and perfect for a before bed snack with no guilt. Really good stuff I wish a local store would carry these guys!”
- “I ordered the variety pack, and it was a nice surprise to find 4 of the 8 flavors are gluten free! This was great for my husband! So he is testing 4 and I am testing the other flavors. We love it! Creamy and sweet.”
- “I love this ice cream! It Tastes better than Ben and Jerry’s at a fraction of the calories. Cold brew decaf is my favorite.”
- “I don’t know how Nightfood makes Ice cream this sweet, rich and delicious with such low levels of calories, sugar and fat! Tastes like the best of premium brands but with a fraction of the guilt!”
- “Very delicious! The best Part is it did what it was supposed to do help you clear the night time cravings & helped me sleep. Best of all it’s Delicious!!!!!!!!!”
As far as the media, there’s a ton of buzz. Nightfood Ice Cream has recently been featured on the Today Show, Oprah Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, USA Today, Washington Post, Food Network, Fox Business, People Magazine, and Fast Company.
On Feb 8, 2019, it was announced that Nightfood ice cream won the 2019 Product of the Year award in the ice cream category in a Kantar survey of over 40,000 consumers. On June 26, 2019, Nightfood was named Best New Ice Cream in the 2019 World Dairy Innovation Awards.
Here’s a sampling of what we found in the media:
- “…they are scrumptious to the end which is why they are the 2019 Product of the Year Winner” Medium, December 10, 2019
- “Oh God! That’s yummy!!!” Good Day Philadelphia, January 1, 2020
- “Nightfood ice cream is the best kind of weird: a food we love with some built-in health benefits.” Reader’s Digest, November 25, 2019
- “… the nighttime treat you never knew you needed.” The Today Show, October 24, 2019
- “If you can’t skip your evening scoop, try Nightfood…” Oprah Magazine, July 22, 2019
- “Digging in to Nightfood’s sleep-friendly ice cream: A spooning dream come true?” USA Today, March 8, 2019
In other words, regular, “everyday” consumers seem to love it. And the buzz in the media is very supportive. The trend should continue to catch on in a big way as we see it. And, given the growing availability shown by its evolving distribution footprint, that may add up to a very promising situation for investors in NGTF shares.