Johns Hopkins University recently revealed that Covid-19 had infected more than 100 million people globally. That milestone comes a little over one year since the first case was confirmed in the United States. The U.S. now accounts for over one-quarter of those 100 million cases, even though it has only 4% of the world’s population.
At least 1,990 new coronavirus deaths and 139,293 new cases were reported in the United States on Feb. 1. Deaths remain near record levels. More than 90,000 coronavirus deaths have been announced so far in 2021.
Testing help treat, isolate or hospitalize people who are infected and leads to quick identification of cases, quick treatment for those people and immediate isolation to prevent spread. Early testing also helps to identify anyone who came into contact with infected people so they too can be quickly treated.
Last week, newly elected president Joe Biden reinstated the Covid-19 travel restrictions on non-US citizens who have been in Brazil, Ireland, the United Kingdom and much of Europe.
The Biden administration implemented the new restrictions, citing the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) review of the public health situations in impacted countries as well as discovery of new variant strains of the virus traced to the United Kingdom, Brazil, and South Africa. The administration also restated its commitment “to implement science-based public health measures, across all areas of the Federal Government, to prevent further spread of the disease.”
The pandemic isn’t likely to go away anytime soon, and that makes AllStar Health Brands Inc. (OTC: ALST) a relatively safe investment during the pandemic.
AllStar Health Brands Inc. (OTC: ALST) is a specialty Health Care Products Company dedicated to improving health and quality of life across several therapeutic areas. The ALST focus in this pandemic environment is to provide high-quality products including masks, gloves gowns and rapid antibody tests to customers all across the Americas.
As part of this focus, the ALST goal is to acquire the licenses/distribution rights for new and novel products and eventually manufacture and brand them under the AllStar brand.
- On January 22nd, ALST announced its first Purchase Order through its Distribution Agreement with TPT MedTech and its parent TPT Global Tech for $338,000 for PCR testing equipment, PCR tests and a Software as a Service (SaaS) licensing agreement with Baywest Wellness LTD.
- On October 15th ALST Announced First Delivery of Equipment and Test Kits to Apogee Pharmaceuticals Inc. for Covid-19 Testing.
- On October 1st ALST Announced First Order with CO-DX (CO Diagnostics) PCR Machine for Covid-19 testing.
- On August 26th ALST and TPT Global Tech Inc. (TPTW) Announced Expanding Partnership for the Sales & Marketing of QuikLAB Rapid Covid-19 Testing Lab Modules.
- On July 14th ALST Announced New PO for Covid-19 Antibody Test Kit for Florida
- On May 19th ALST announced sales in Q2 are continuing the upward trend in front-line products. ALST is also working with qualified overseas suppliers to provide products such as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as demand is expected to increase sharply with the gradual re-opening of the economy.
- On April 13th ALST announced it had begun sales of a Point-of-Care — for clinics and hospitals — Rapid DiagnosticTest for the detection of antibodies to the Covid-19 virus. ALST has also begun sales of protective masks to Canada and other markets through its network of overseas suppliers.
In April first-order deliveries of the Covid-19 IgG/IgM antibody rapid test has already been made to a Distributor for the Caribbean and Latin American region, and in May US deliveries have begun.
In addition, KN 95 protective masks, — the functional equivalent of the N 95 mask — have been sold already in Canada and ALST is also working to deliver the much-needed masks to other countries.
The Rapid Antibody Test Kit offers another weapon in the detection of infection by covid-19. This kind of test is 99% accurate within about a week of infection and is ideally suited for persons with or without symptoms in order to rule out or confirm the person’s immune response to the infection.
While no test is perfect, this test offers certain advantages over other current technologies such as:
- Results in 10 minutes
- No machine needed
- Tests can be performed in remote locations
- Only a few drops of blood needed
The QuikLab modules can be set up outside malls, at mining sites or other remote locations, and are accessed as drive-up testing. They offer a fast, complete testing option, at a rapid throughput, – up to 50 tests/hour, using either the viral or antibody tests currently available on the market. The goal is to provide results the same day, so appropriate treatment or isolations protocols can be put in place based on the results of the testing.
In a recent interview with SmallCapVoice’s Stuart Smith, Dr. Bagi explained AllStar Health Brands Inc.’s (OTC: ALST) business model and focus on improving health and quality of life by offering select products, including medical devices, nutritional supplements, over the counter remedies and medicines all across the Americas and Europe.
The full interview can be heard at: https://www.smallcapvoice.com/8-20-20-smallcapvoice-interview-allstar-health-brands-alst/.
ALST related articles:
- Covid Testing Stocks for the Win (NASDAQ: FLGT) (OTC: ALST) (NYSE: DGX) Oct. 15, 2020 at 9:11 a.m. ET on OTC
- Three Stocks to Target the Testing Test (NYSE: ABT) (OTC: ALST) (NASDAQ: QDEL) Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:11 a.m. ET on OTC
- Pandemic Stocks Set to Thrive Again? (NASDAQ: CODX) (OTC PINK: ALST) (NASDAQ: SRNE) Oct. 1, 2020 at 8:38 a.m. ET on OTC